I renewed my maintenance on my Sage 100 ERP DSD enhancement. What do I need to do to update it in our Sage 100 ERP system?
To update the expiration date on your system, go thru Library Master> Utilities>DSD Enhancements Control Panel.
select ‘Unlock all products’ and the ‘Web’ unlock button.
Vendor Remittance Advice
Steps / Overview:
- Test email from LM à Company Maintenance
- Enable Forms… in Paperless Office setup
- Create a Forms record in Form Maintenance
- Confirm an Electronic Message format
- Configure Vendors with email address and the Paperless button in Vendor Maintenance
- Generate Electronic Payments
- Select desired Paperless Office Delivery in electronic Payment Remittance Advice
- Verify email recipient received the Remittance Advice… check Junk mail / Spam
- Viewer PDF of Remittance Advice in Vendor Viewer in Paperless Office
Library Master à Main à Company Maintenance… E-mail tab
email configuration / Test E-mail
Paperless Office Options
Paperless Office à Setup à Paperless Office Options
Enable the desired options in the upper left. Remittance Advice is part for the Forms option
Paperless Office – Form Maintenance
Paperless Office à Setup à Form Maintenance
(Accounts Payable) Deliver During Check Register Update
Select whether to deliver a PDF document during the Accounts Payable Check Register update.
- Select No to use the Vendor Viewer to deliver the PDF documents.
- Select Only Electronic Payment Remittance Advices to electronically deliver PDF documents only for electronic payment remittance advices during the Accounts Payable Check Register update. This option is available only if the Enable ACH Electronic Payments check box is selected in Accounts Payable Options.
- Select Yes to electronically deliver PDF documents during the Accounts Payable Check Register update for checks, extended stubs and, if applicable, electronic payment remittance advices. Checks and their associated extended stub will be delivered as one PDF.
Electronic Delivery Message Maintenance
Paperless Office à Setup à Electronic Delivery Message Maintenance
Content of Subject in Form – Attached is the <Document> for <VendorName> dated <DocumentDate>.
Subject as it appears in the sent email – Attached is the Check for DDF Consulting – Elec Pay’t dated 4/24/2014.
Accounts Payable à Main à Vendor Maintenance… Main tab
Paperless Office button on the Main tab of Vendor Maintenance
Main tab… click on the desired PDF Delivery Options
Vendor Maintenance – Paperless Office
Electronic Payment printing / Processing
Accounts Payable à Check Printing and Electronic Payment à Check Printing and Electronic Payment
You will see a message that it is processing the electronic Delivery messages… but it does not pause the screen. Go to the Vendor Viewer in Paperless Office à Main to see the status of Electronic Delivery.
Paperless Office Output
Select the appropriate option for printing, saving, or electronically delivering the form. The results of your selection depend on whether the Print, E-mail, and/or Fax check boxes are selected for each customer, vendor, or employee in Paperless Office Delivery Options.
|Select…||…to perform the following when these check boxes are selected in Paperless Office Delivery Options for the customer, vendor, or employee|
|E-mail and/or Fax check box||Print check box||None|
|Print All||Hard copies of all selected forms are printed.||Hard copies of all selected forms are printed.||Hard copies of all selected forms are printed.|
|Electronically Deliver Only||The selected forms are saved as PDF and sent by e-mail and/or fax.||Nothing||Nothing|
|Print/PDF for Print Delivery Option||Nothing||The selected forms are saved as PDF and printed as hard copies.||The selected forms are saved as PDF and printed as hard copies.|
|Print/PDF All and Electronically Deliver||The selected forms are saved as PDF, printed as hard copies, and sent by e-mail and/or fax.||The selected forms are saved as PDF and printed as hard copies.||The selected forms are saved as PDF and printed as hard copies.|
|Print/PDF or Electronically Deliver||The selected forms are saved as PDF and sent by e-mail and/or fax.||The selected forms are saved as PDF and printed as hard copies.||The selected forms are saved as PDF and printed as hard copies.|
|Print/PDF All||The selected forms are saved as PDF and printed as hard copies.||The selected forms are saved as PDF and printed as hard copies.||The selected forms are saved as PDF and printed as hard copies.|
|PDF All||The selected forms are saved as PDF.||The selected forms are saved as PDF.||The selected forms are saved as PDF.|
If you select an option that includes electronic delivery, click the Electronic Delivery button to select e-mail or fax options in Electronic Delivery for Forms.
Paperless Office à Vendor Viewer
After printing /PDF Remittance Advice… and before updating the Register. Note the Sent Column
The Vendor Viewer can also be accessed through Vendor Inquiry / Maintenance… on the Checks tab.
If you highlight an item, the icons on the right become available… the bottom one opens the Paperless Viewer.
Paperless Office Viewer à launched from Vendor Maintenance / Inquiry checks tab
Back in my data entry days, I hated the mouse. Every time I took my hands off the keyboard to use the mouse, it slowed me down.
Since I use a laptop, I usually learn the keyboard shortcuts in most software pretty quickly.
Here is a list of shortcut keys that work in Sage 100 ERP:
- F2 – When in any field with a lookup option, F2 opens the Advanced Lookup Engine (ALE) window for the active field.
- F4 – When in the Advanced Lookup Engine (ALE), F4 changes the context of the ALE lookup from the key to the name. In Payroll, F4 changes the field from the employee number to the Employee Last Name. In Accounts Payable, F4 changes the context from the Vendor Number to the Vendor Name.
- SPACEBAR – This one almost feels like cheating since it’s a Windows shortcut really, but pressing the SPACEBAR toggles any check box or radio button.
- ESC – ESC (or Escape) closes the current window. In a grid, pressing the ESC key cancels a cell entry.
- F1 – Pressing F1 opens up the Help window. In any screen, it opens Help up to a relevant article. For example, if you are in Customer Maintenance, pressing F1 will open Help up to the information on Customer Maintenance.
- F5 – F5 toggles the view in a data entry screen between the primary and secondary grids.
- ALT + [letter] – The same as clicking the button on the screen with the [letter] underlined. For example, Alt + A on most screens will Accept changes to the current record.
- Alt + X – Alt + X is typically ‘next transaction number’ (# button) when doing Invoice Data Entry. (Thanks Rhonda McNamara!)
- ALT + [number] – Moves between the different tabs on the screen. Alt + 1 is the Home tab on most screens. The Lines tab is usually Alt + 2 (AP Invoice Data Entry) or Alt + 3 (Sales Order Entry) depending on the module.
- HOME – HOME moves to the first page in any list box. In a grid, pressing the HOME key moves focus to the first cell in a row.
- TAB – TAB moves the cursor between fields and buttons.
- ENTER – ENTER works like TAB until you land on any button. Once you are on any button, the ENTER key behaves the same as clicking the button.
- CTRL + F9 – How did I forget this one? CTRL + F9 pens the current screen in Customizer for making changes to the current screen.
Windows Standard keys also work most of the time.
Examples of Windows keyboard shortcuts:
- Ctrl + C to copies highlighted text.
- Ctrl + V pastes copied text.
- Shift + [arrow] highlights text.
- Alt + F4 closes the current window.
- There are many more.
Are there other keyboard shortcuts I’m missing? Let me know in the comments, and I will add them.
Thanks to Bradley Gordon for the picture.
How often have you updated the warehouse on an existing Sales Order or Purchase Order in Sage 100? How many times have you updated the Whse code on the header and forgotten to update the lines?
A while ago, a customer of ours who receives several hundred orders a day via EDI asked me where the setting was that would update the warehouse on all of the lines of a sales order to get updated whenever they change the warehouse on the sales order header.
Since there wasn’t a readily available solution, this is where scripting comes into play. We created a script that fires whenever a user changes the Whse on the SO Header and updates the Whse on all of the lines.
The example here is a Sales Order but the same concept works for Purchase Order.
When a user changes the Whse on the Header tab, they are prompted asking if they want to update the Whse Code on the Lines.
Once the user clicks Yes, the lines get updated with the new Whse Code.
If you have questions or would like more information, please contact us.
After installing the Sage 100 ERP wksetup for a client this morning, we got the following error message:
Every time we’d click a menu option, we were getting the same message.
The warning says “Open File – Security Warning” and references the file pvxwin32.exe.
We clicked OK on the warning message a few times, but pretty quickly got frustrated.
How did we fix the issue?
Make changes to your operating system and system files at your own peril! If you can backup files, do so before trying this.
- Click Windows Start. Click Run. Type gpedit.msc and press ENTER.
- Expand Local Computer Policy, User Configuration, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, and Attachment Manager.
- Right-click Default risk level for file attachments. Click Properties.
- Click Enabled.
- Right-click Inclusion list for low file types. Click Properties.
- Click Enabled.
- In the Specify low risk inclusions field, type pvxwin32.exe.
- Click OK.
via Wayne Schulz
I recently got the following request from a customer:
I need a list of Inventory Items with their Volumes in Excel What’s the best way to do that?
The easiest way to do that is probably to create a custom lookup with the Advanced Lookup Engine (ALE).
How Do We Do That?
Go to Inventory > Main > Item Maintenance
Click the lookup (the magnifying glass button ) or press the F2 key on the keyboard.
This opens the lookup screen for the Item List.
Click the Custom button .
Select Create new view from the View drop down if it’s not already selected and give your new view a name in the Description field. I’m naming mine Volume Lookup. Click Next.
On the left hand side, double click any fields you want to add to the lookup or want to use to filter and on the right double click any you don’t want.
You can create calculated fields using the New Field button, but we’ll save that for another day.
The next screen is the filter screen. We don’t need to do anything with that in my example today.
This screen allows you to change with field we can change the Title of the lookup, the Default Search Column, and Default Search Option. I’m naming mine Volume Listing.
I’m not doing it here, but frequently, I’ll change the Default Search Column and change the Default Search Option to Contains. It’s a personal preference, so do what works for you.
When you get back to the Item List, you can change to the new view by going to View and selecting the view you just created. In my case, I’m selecting Volume Lookup.
To export my listing to Excel, I have to click the Export to Excel button .
Any time you open the Item lookup (ALE) from almost any screen, you will have the View selector available and be able to get to your custom view.
Sales tax at both the state and federal level is evolving every day, as states look for ways to increase revenues. What’s not taxable today could be taxable tomorrow. What’s taxable in one state may not be in another, and it just gets exponentially more complicated from there.
Regardless of which industry you’re in or whether you sell online or to remote buyers, pending legislation such as the Marketplace Fairness Act (MFA) of 2013 could dramatically affect your business.
Discover how your business could be affected and learn how you can prepare now.
Join us for this free webinar to learn more about:
- The current sales tax landscape
- Status of pending sales tax legislation
- Tips for mitigating your sales tax compliance risk
- Steps to help you prepare for 2013
- How you can achieve sales tax compliance through automation with Sage Sales Tax by Avalara.
- Accurate sales and use tax calculation
- Painless exemption certificate management
- Effortless sales tax filing and remittance
Image via: carolina terp